01 Jan 10 New Years Resolution Ideas for Travelers OR Someone Who Wants to be a Traveler
10 New Years Resolution Ideas for Travelers OR Someone Who Wants to be a Traveler
#goals – are we right?
What is it about New Years that is so exciting and prompts us all to think that we can take on the world? We don’t know. However, and this is a big however, we like almost every other person on this green earth fall victim to the New Years Resolution hoax and then are SO depressed come February 1st when we have already given up. We have all had failed resolutions so this year we are making resolutions about things that we ACTUALLY want to keep!
Top 10 Travel New Years Resolution Ideas
- Get Out – seriously, leave the country and explore a new place.
- Forget You – do something on a trip solely for the benefit of others. Work as a humanitarian aid, get active, get involved, serve.
- Lighten Up – does anyone else ever feel like they pack about 10 things too many? Lighten up and attempt at packing lite, your back will thank you later.
- Be Responsible – leave the location you are visiting, the environment and it’s people better than you found it. Think a little bit more about the world around you.
- Make Friends – try to make at least one lasting and meaningful human connection on your travels.
- Go It Alone – take one solo trip just for you. Do something you love, nurture yourself, and look inward.
- Cross It Off – take a stab at that ever growing bucket list and do at least one thing from your list this year.
- Learn It Live – prepare beforehand so you can learn and grow on your trip. Schedule a cooking class, study up on a work of art that you will be seeing, know the cultural traditions before you visit. See our steps on how to actually learn and enjoy and art museum, 7 Steps to Enjoy an Art Museum.
- Get A Rush – do something to get that adrenaline pumping! Attempt surfing, take a skiing class, bungee jump. Get out of that comfort zone man!
- Be Together – travel with your family. Focus on experiences with each other over things. Live in the moment and make those memories.
Our Family Passport Resolutions
Celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary somewhere REALLY romantic and REALLY fun (any suggestions?)
Plan a trip to my 7th continent
Learn and practice how to take better travel videos and travel vlogs
Enjoy my solo trip to Europe this year! (Ah! This will be my very first time traveling totally alone)
Bungee jump off of Victoria Falls bridge
Take my little one to Disneyland and spend some family time before we hopefully add another little one to our crew! (yay!)
Stay in our budget
Spend more time outdoors together
Go somewhere international with just me and my hubby
What are your resolutions? Does anyone else have a hard time keeping their resolutions like us?
Let us know XO!
Don’t forget to pin this and to subscribe to our newsletter to receive more traveler tips and destination itineraries.